Smoothie Bowl To Nourish Your Soul
By: Dominica Reid
Ah it’s that time of the year again. Spring! The warm weather, sunny days at the park, exploring farmer markets season (at least that’s what my spring looks like), and with this time of the year fresh fruits are back in season. It’s no better time for smoothie bowls. Here’s my favorite smoothie bowl recipe that I have perfected over the years.
Ingredients needed for the Smoothie:
· Organic frozen mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blue berries)
· 2 Bananas
· ½ of an avocado
· Organic vanilla or plain yoghurt (I prefer organic kefir yoghurt)
· ½ Cup of organic milk (I use whole milk but you can use almond or soy milk if you’d like)
Ingredients and fresh fruits needed for the toppings:
· Organic fresh kiwi, bananas, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
· Granola (I use Bear Naked Triple Berrie Fit)
· (If you want to add protein powder you can. I enjoy using Vital Proteins Veggie Blend).
1.) Blend all of the smoothie ingredients in the blender and pour into a bowl.
2.) Chop all of the fresh fruits and place in bowl.
3.) Top it off with some granola